Background

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hibernating

I don't know what it was with the month of January, and now with a third of February. 

No posts. 
No inspiration.  
No creativity. 

My mind was a blank slate. I hate that since things were so quiet on the home front and with my part time home job, I could have gotten back to making jewelry (something I love and that I put on the back burner when we bought this house last year and went through all the renos, the packing, the move, etc.) repainting some of the furniture I have waiting for a redo, taken pictures, crafting, sewing, anything!! Didn't even read a book, hardly went to my drop-in fitness class. 

I want to be so productive, so creative, I long to achieve great things and realize my dreams, and yet, here I sit.

What happened?


It seems like I went into hibernation.
Perhaps I'm part bear and I need that slowdown to recharge my body and my brain.
spreadshirt.com


It was like my life came to a frozen standstill.

De tout, de rien


De tout, de rien

Or perhaps it's just that I need a swift kick in the pants. Girl, enough with the nonsense. 

I need to get off my
De tout, de rien
and get the show on the road. 

The groundhog said it will be an early spring, the robins are back already,
 proving him right. 

The days are getting longer, so rise and shine.


How do YOU get inspired?


5 comments:

  1. You need some sun, my friend!
    I think eveyrone gets a little down this time of year. It's only natural. Even my dog is resting more. It's sooo not like him!
    I just took my Christmas tree down last week! I kept telling myself that I was just waiting for it to snow, so Gracie could have a White Christmas, but the reality is, I just didn't feel like it!
    Moving the tree, however, was the impetus for the work I am in the midst of now.
    How do you eat an elephant?
    One bite at a time!

    xoxo
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get a pick me up soon....it happens to all of us :(
    Thinking of you!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. taking a break is good.
    go see a few movies. the sets will get you to thinking!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know....
    you are my girl pal.
    canada has a way of making hibernation quite really justified.
    i know...when in montreal
    about this time i was on winter BURN ME OUT please.
    everything, if it wasn't ice, it was snow and 10 degrees.
    FREEKIN' COLD.
    BTW and a BIG WAY....
    this is how i ended up in FLORIDA {YUCKO}
    i half frozen to death -
    and would have done anything for some heat and palm trees.
    i needed to thaw out before my brain died.

    i thawed, it's not dead.
    AND NEITHER WILL YOURS!!

    my buddy ....kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. I've been hibernating too. I really have. It's the weather around here. I must admit that this winter hasn't been as bad as before. I think it's changing. I say Fla. will be Canada, and Canada will be Fla. one day. I'll wait patiently.
    Hang in there. It's a block, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Hope you are having a better week this week.
    xoxoxoxo
    P.S. You have your word verification on. It's the nasty one. Can't figure it out most of the time. You don't really need it anymore ; )

    ReplyDelete