Background

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

There are ducks in my pool!

I'm a follower of Sherry's blog, Annie's cupboard. She moved to a new place recently and has been delighting us with the saga of the ducks nesting in her backyard and the sweet duckling pictures she posted.

Well, lo and behold, yesterday I had my own little duck adventure. Check out this lovely couple who decided to take a break and frolic in the mucky waters of our unopened pool:




Aren't they sweet? I'm sure they're in the midst of mating season. As attested by the bubbly swirls in the water, the drake kept spinning around playfully while his "wife" just watched, while undoubtedly thinking to herself: "What a goof!".

They swam around for about half an hour, then gracefully flew away to continue the rest of their "honeymoon" elsewhere.

6 comments:

  1. How "romantic"....Glad you had your camera ready for the visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so sweet! Love the look of your blog! Nice change!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a married duck couple living under our air conditioner, George and Mildred. They bicker quite a lot, which is understandable considering her condition! LOL! Ducklings soon, I hope!

    xoxo
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love ducks.
    i watch them everyday at my pond.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice to thing to stop by our blog and comment. Love your ducks. Tell me does the name of your blog mean of all and of nothing? is it an idiomatic expression meaning "a little bit of this and a little bit of that?"

    Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I've heard that when they love a yard they invite some friends....it's a good thing you are moving :)

    ReplyDelete